Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Day 1 - US Women's National Team Camp

Day 1: Nervous, Couldn’t sleep… I woke up at 6:30am. Double check everything I packed…yes everything… We went to the airport got Starbucks coffee cake and I boarded my plane. The plane ride was really short and when I got to Chicago I went to my friend Zoe Morse’s gate because she was supposed to get at the airport a half an hour after me. Zoe is on the team also. I met her at the last National Team camp, When I got to her gate I waited like 20 minutes. She never came so I called her and she said she was at my gate. I had like 15 minutes till they started boarding my plane so I sprinted through the airport and barely made it to my gate before they started boarding. I ran about a mile and a half there and back. Zoe and I did not have seats next to each other on the plane. A nice man let us switch seats…Thank goodness for nice people. The plane ride to Raleigh-Durham wasn't that long. When we got there we got picked up in the USA National Team van. When we got to the hotel we ate lunch and took a stretch test. The test was to see how flexible you were and where your muscles were strained and where possible injury could occur. Then we went to pool training. This is we're you do a warm up but in the pool… very cool. After the pool training we went to a bar to watch the Women's National Team play against Germany. Unfortunately they tied 1 to 1. After the game we came back to the hotel had dinner then finally went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment